How can we make Fantasy Baseball better?

end The regular season at the all star break, and have a double elimination tournament for the 8 playoffs teams to crown the champion!

Our league loves playing fantasy baseball, but the season gets so long winded, and some loss interest in the 2nd half, and also fantasy Football begins to gear up.... our league would like to have an option of ending our 12 team regular season at the all star break, and then begin a very interesting double elimination playoff tournament for the 8 playoff teams that move on! Thank you for entertaining this idea!

228th ranked
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
David Eason shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • David Eason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Maybe allow more transactions for your teams per week during the double elimination winners/losers bracket style playoff tournament. If you allow 3 transactions per week, allow 5 during the tournament, to help, but trades really only effect pitchers mainly and closers even more, but I guess there is a handful of guys that roles change completely, but you just gotta work around changes, and extra moves will help with September call ups and guys sitting more.

• Screwball Commish commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just curious about something with this proposal. If your playoff seedings are based on record through the all star break, couldn't deals made in actual MLB leading up to the trade deadline wreak havoc on your fantasy rosters and playoff seedings, based on the fact that fantasy rosters can undergo some serious changes at that time of year? I actually love your idea, but it seems like we all have a handful of owners who would somehow blame their fantasy commish for THAT.

• Ravi Sohal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If this is at all possible, it sounds very intriguing. I love the idea of ending the reg season at all star break and then proceeding with, at the very least, 2 week playoff matchups. Championship matchup would end around early to mid September

Feedback and Knowledge Base