My Yahoo

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please stop the annoying adds containing distracting video.

Please stop the annoying adds containing video that is so distracting that I am unable to use my yahoo website. The current Dr. Oz adds are so annoying that I would not use any product from that source. The constant repeating is not necessary!

19th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Under review  ·  6 comments  ·  Ads feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 24th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  43 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 21st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  15 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I HATE the fact that you force an advertisement in the upper right hand corner.

Not only is it annoying, as it blinks like a strobe light, it cannot be moved. It proves you didn't change the format for our benefit, but it was changed for YOUR benefit. I will never buy from Microsoft again due to this. I unsderstand you are a business out to make money and I'm sure you are making a pretty penny from Microsoft. But remember, there are many free email choices out there for consumers (Gmail, Hotmail, etc.). Also, I will start posting on FB & Twitter for people not to use Yahoo! email since ads are now FORCED…

20th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  16 comments  ·  Ads feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. It would be nice if you could comment on something without having an account on twitter or facebook or some other ********!!!!!!!!!!!!

It would be nice if you could comment on something without having an account on twitter or facebook or some other ********!!!!!!!!!!!!

25th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  22 comments  ·  Editorial Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. weather

The weather app is never correct, either the days are wrong or my location is wrong. This has been an ongoing problem for months.

27th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  38 comments  ·  Weather  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Email to customers from Yahoo about feedback

And at Yahoo, the stupid never ends. Now I find an email from yahoo in my inbox petulantly telling us they don't want to hear about any more about changing back to the old Yahoo, and only want them posted in a specific place so they don't have to deal with them.
    I did you one better. I found a new homepage and email. I won't be back to Yahoo until you change it back to the old format. Refuse to do that, I'm not coming back.
    As for demands of not cluttering up your feedback page with requests for…

26th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  38 comments  ·  New My Yahoo  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. welcome to the newly redesigned my yahoo - fix it!!

This pop up persists it is annoying and won't go away. I've cleared my history, my cache, temp files. Tried from Edge browser, Chrome, Firefox, Chromodo - nothing works. :(

Furthermore, customizations will not save!! This is the WORST redesign - Please fix it!!

28th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  New My Yahoo  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Quit auto playing videos!!!!!!!!!

I very much dislike how you're auto playing videos without my approval, especially on the homepage AND after watching a video and I decide to read the article and comments. VERY RUDE and INCONSIDERATE. The grass is sometimes greener on the other side(a.k.a another website).

29th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  18 comments  ·  Layout  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 30th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  61 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. FIX Portfolio!!!!

WHY have you changed the portfolios??? There is less information and doesn't even show all our portfolios. Font size is too small. You are making it worse for users, but easier to go to a different provider. This looks like change for the sake of change , or a make work project for a kid. If you want to change something, ask the users what they would like. You might actually get some satisfied users. Yahoo is turning into a joke, but they don't care. This has happened before and nothing happens. FIX IT!!!!

33rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  163 comments  ·  Portfolio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. When you ask what we don't like about a phony "news" story with an agenda, at least give us the option of saying we don't like fake news.

When you ask us what we don't like about fake news stories from sources with an agenda (e.g. "BGR Group", you might at least give us the option of saying we don't appreciate fake news.
    Instead, you disingenuously give us "options" as to what we don't like that aren't really options at all.
    BGR Group is a lobbying firm based in Washington. What they put out is progaganda, not news. If you must accept their money to disguise their material as news, give us the actual option of telling you what we don't like about it.

31st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Editorial Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 32nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  9 comments  ·  Ads feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 39th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

108 comments  ·  Weather  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. The news feed currently allows users to omit subject matter they don't care to see. Can we get an option to omit all from a certain source?

When I delete a news story it asks if I want to permanently stop seeing based on subject matter. I would like an option there to delete the news agency providing the article in the first place. I don't really want to see any more stories from the Huffington Post. If I want to buy a tabloid I'll go to Walmart.

34th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  19 comments  ·  Editorial Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Feedback

You are asking for feedback when what this should be called is complaints. Here are a few things we don't want: The ads...we understand that ads pay the bills but you have gone overboard. Today adding one at the top of my page. My "customized" page is anything but that. We don't want you choosing our themes - also do you know they don't work on XP? We don't want our mail messed up. Nothing works in sync, everything loads slowly and when you send an email you don't even know that it went. Do want: a responsive company that…

35th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 38th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Editorial Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. You have too many "sponsored" articles posing as news.

You have too many "sponsored" articles posing as news.

36th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Ads feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. where do you get off changing my search engine every time I start a browser? You guys have lost it.

So along with all the rest of the idiotic changes you have made in the last year and a bit, now you just reset my search engine every time? I don't think I can stick with this one. I can't get you out of the menu-bar, and i can't get you to stop changing my search engine. You guys don't understand the internet, do you?

37th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  23 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Remove automatic detection of the location of the weather. It fails to detect. The weather does remember other cities entered. Go back to

remove the auto detect for weather location. It fails every time. Allow the user to select a default from their weather list. If the user does not know where they are, then they can use there energy to find out and that would be well for them. Lots of people actually know where they are these days.

40th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  10 comments  ·  Weather  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base