New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 354th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. YOU CHANGED MY BACKGROUND/THEME. I WANT IT BACK

I WANT MY OLD BACKGROUND i HAD WITH THE WATER. IT WAS TEAL BLUE/GREEN. IT'S STILL ON MY NOTEPAD. HOW DO I GET IT BK FOR MY EMAIL????

373rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. BLOCK SPAM SENDER

SPAM BLOCKING can mark a specific bogus sender
    which is most likely a random spoof --- BUT I'd like the option of blocking (all) * @<real name>.COM -- that is ALL email from the provider named after the @ sign

777th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I agree with everyone else. Put back associated contact list that used to show up.

I hate the new format. When I put in a contact it used to give me associated contacts for that person as well. That was very important to me in my business. You have taken that away. Please put it back.

599th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Print contact lists and group lists

How do I print my contact list or group lists. I have not been able to find a way to do that..

902nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I need the addresses for their homes back, on the contact cards,where have they gone help!!!

I need the addresses back for their homes, how can you delete all of mine???????????? Put them back an a option to add adress

633rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. move emails

When you select a folder to move and email, have the Move drop down remember the last window. So if another email it to be moved to the same folder, when the Move drop down is selected, the folder name is right there, no scrolling. Now the Move drop down always starts from the top. The old email system remember the last selection.

1180th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  9 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Search Results

Search results only shows sub-folders locations - not the main folder & sub-folder as the Classic Mail version did. I use Yahoo for business and have main folders and sub-folders for organization and Client records. So the main folder for location along with the sub-folder is extremely important to view for the results. Please fix that!
    Also, When getting results from a search when your message layout is to the right, can you bring back it viewing as full screen like Classic Mail did? It doesn"t make sense to only be able to view partial results. Thank you!

454th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  13 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. In the "To", "CC", or "BC" of the "Compose" function, the "All Contacts" list does not have the contacts in alphabetical order.

In the "To", "CC", or "BC" of the "Compose" function, the "All Contacts" list does not have the contacts in alphabetical order.

682nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Are you scanning our emails to sell our personal information to advertisers?!?!

Yahoo, Bucking Industry, Scans Emails for Data to Sell Advertisers
    Web giant analyzes more than 200 million inboxes for clues about what products people might buy—a practice much of Silicon Valley has declared off-limits

188th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Remove the Deals from this message banner

Remove the Deals from this message banner. I can read my own messages. This is just causes me to scroll more to actually read my message. It also means that you are actively looking at my email content which is disturbing.

633rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. RETURN THE BLOCK SPAM SENDERS OPTION -

RETURN THE BLOCK SPAM SENDERS OPTION

652nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Can't add sender's email address to contact list

Please retain the function of adding the new sender's email address to our contact list. Now only Yahoo mail can't do it compare to hotmail, outlook and gmail.

395th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Read emails

Yes, I like others, just found that I could NOT find my READ emails. I don't want to know whether I'm the only one. I want to know how to RESOLVE THE PROBLEM! What are YOU doing about it? What can WE do to make the READ EMAILS SHOW? (Never had this problem in nearly 2 decades of having my email with you.)

902nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Images (logos) on signatures used to be possible on the old Yahoo system, why not the new system ?

Allow logos to be included in signatures - as they used to be under the old system

267th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  44 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. contact list

Restore the one-click 'auto fill to contact list' when you were reading an email. It was nice that it allowed you to decide if you wanted to add them to you contact list, and then had to 'do a positive action' to make it happen. You had this function in your Classic Mail, but the new mail does not. Now you have to type everything and watch out for typo !!

542nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Slow Performace

Too annoying and not even responsive when needed... Want to get ride off but couldn't. Either fix or remove your mail service. Everybody is fade up. There is no comparison in between gmail and yahoo. Gmail is much much better. At least make ymail quite lighter and fast responsive .

84th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  25 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. sending emails to contacts in the contact list

Please put back the capability of going to an individual contact list. Then checking specific contacts in the contact list and sending one or multiple individuals in that contact list an email. Your current system of using the contact list is horrible. Additionally when I remove a contact from the contact list. I do not want to continually see the old email address that was removed every time I sent that individual an email. It is confusing and causes you to have to verify the correct email address. Thank You.

262nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  8 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. contacts

Please fix the contacts section. I can't save updates in my contacts. I have seen numerous complaints about this for months and I've submitted requests via email with no response. I've used Yahoo for over 15 years for personal email and would rather not have to migrate to a new provider. But lack of response and usability may require that.

703rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. font is too light

The font is too small and too light. Many of us CANNOT see it. PLEASE change the setting or allow us to darken the FONT

446th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base