Fantasy Football

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• or
  1. Draft Order in Keeper Leagues

In a keeper league, it would be nice to have the draft order update automatically and set in once we set the draft order for the first round, select it as a snake draft, then boom, it inputs all rounds of the draft after that, rather than us having to manually do each round. Just time consuming. Please can you make that adjustment?

374th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Draft Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Draft picks time limit

It would be nice if we could edit pick time limits by round. For example the current maximum of 2 minutes per round is far to quick for the first four or so rounds. I’d like to be able to make the first 4 rounds 5 minute time limits, and then 2 minutes for the final rounds. Could we get this done by 10am tomorrow haha?

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Draft Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Ambitious with the turn around time! Unfortunately, that won’t be possible but we appreciate the feedback and could look into this further.

3. Players with doubt about availability should not be the 2nd pick of the draft

I was not available for the draft. This website is so cumbersome to navigate that I chose not to set up my draft order because I didn't feel like hunting for the draft order set up. Your autodraft made Ezekiel Elliot my first pick which was the 2nd pick int he draft. He's not been in camp and is not even close to a contract agreement and could be out all season. I think its either stupidity or pure laziness on the part of your programmers to not allow availability to be a part of your auto…

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Draft Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. On the draft report card it would be nice to see an overview as to where your draft position was.

On the draft report card it would be nice to see an overview as to where your draft position was so you can see where you're weak and need improvement.

895th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Yahoo, Please fix IDP player position designations

This happens in years that there are coaching changes on the IDP side. For example, currently Jerry Hughes and Shaq Lawson of the Buffalo Bills are currently listed as LB's, where last season they had the position designation of LB/DE, but this season they are listed on the teams website as DE's. Cleveland's LB/DE Emmanuel Ogbah is now listed on their website as a DL (DE), as well as there rookie draft pick Myles Garrett, but yahoo has them listed as LB's which is wrong. Please fix this, it's hurting IDP Dynasty leagues that are currently trying to draft.…

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Position Eligibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Please add playoff options. Each round lasts 2 weeks long, with combined score determining the winner. Weeks 13-14 semls, then 15-16 finals

We would like to bring our league to yahoo, but need this playoff setup as an option. Each playoff round lasting 2 weeks and you add each teams points up to determine the winner.

We use Weeks 13-14 for the semi-finals and Weeks 15-16 for the finals. It really adds to the drama as each round lasts longer and give a better chance for the best team to advance.

573rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Pre-Draft Rankings

I have been playing Yahoo Fantasy football for 15 years and I have never had this issue. For some reason our pre-rankings are quarterback heavy with the top 20 pics as QB's. Our point distribution has been the same every year, and this is the first time we have experienced this. Is there a way to have the defualt pre-ranking the same as the AVG draft pick. Has anybody else had this issue? If this is a league issue I think it should be corrected. I would just like to know why this has changed and what I can do…

49th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  19 comments  ·  Draft Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Keeper settings in commissioner tools and add keeper calculator (for both auction or snake draft leagues)

Create Comissioner setting for Keepers, which would allow the Comissioner to set the keeper premium or cost to keep a player for the next season and each season their after (round penalites for snake draft leagues, added cost from auction draft/waiver cost for auction leagues.)

Then for off-season/in-season, create a "Keeper calculator) for all members (not just commissioner) to utilize. this will show what rounds of the draft you will lose if you keep the player (for snake draft leagues) or the auction cost to keep a player as well as remaining budget if kept (…

225th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Please allow Commissioners to put a cap on each position for Fantasy Football.

As a Fantasy Football Commissioner I would like to be able to put a cap on each position that can be drafted/added to each team.

698th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Position Eligibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. View last years draft value/round in keeper selection screen

For keeper leagues, on the page for selecting keepers, there is no way to view the round the player was drafted in last season. Nor is there a way to view the player values for auction leagues.

Since Keeper leagues usually require knowing the previous years values before choosing keepers for the current season, can you look into adding this?

Thank you

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Aaron,

Thank you for reaching out and providing your feedback!

You can view the results of previous year’s drafts through your Fantasy Sports Profile. You will need to access the archived league on a desktop computer. You can use https://profiles.sports.yahoo.com/ to get to the Fantasy Sports Profile.

This will allow you to view the draft results which will show the amount the player went for in the draft. In order to determine the round they were drafted in, you would take the total amount of teams, so 12 teams would mean 12 picks in round 1 , 13-24 would be round 2 and so on.

Thanks,

Product Support

11. Stop allowing back to back auto drafters, ruins drafts!!!!

Its not realistic , no one is going to the highest rated yahoo player every single round of the draft regardless of postion. Auto drafters distorts when you should draft what and when. Time out anyone that autodrafts 2-3 times in a row. People want to to draft with people not bots.

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Eric,

We appreciate you taking time to leave feedback.

Auto draft works the same in mock drafts as it will in an actual draft for a league if managers cannot make the draft.

All starter positions are filled before bench positions.

You can’t designate which round a player is picked or a position is filled.
    Each round, autopick drafts the highest-ranked (pre-rank, then default rank) available player based on your position needs.

The system determines a max number of players to positions ratio, including bench, so that your roster positions are balanced.

Your feedback has been provided to our product team.

Thanks,

Product Support

12. unlock max amount of players drafted per position

Please get rid of this new max per position in the draft. Or at least let the commissioners have the ability to customize the limit. This is something new this year.
    thanks

243rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Draft Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey John, thank you for submitting feedback. The position caps only exist in Public leagues. There are no caps in private league drafts. Good luck this season!

Yahoo Product Support

13. Allow for customization of the waiver wire positions for live drafts to start the season.

It is unfair to automatically apply waiver positions to a league who drafts live because the 10th pick in a snake draft this year was placed on the waiver wire in the 10 position to start the season. It is only fair that the last pick in a live draft start the season 1st on the waiver!

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Waivers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Responded  ·  Product Support responded

Thank you for your feedback. I will pass this along to our engineering team for further review.

14. Mock Drafts and Pre-draft Rankings

Mock Drafts and Pre-draft Rankings...Why can't I use personal Pre-draft Rankings in my mock Drafts, there's a "Yahoo Recommended" box and a drop down box with my leagues name on it. But neither pick brings up My Pre-draft Rankings in the mock draft...... Could it be that custom Pre-Draft Rankings are used only in the real draft..... This is the first time in 14 years that this is happening.....need help, draft is very soon, thank you, anyone.

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Draft Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Pre-draft ranking sorting

It would be great to be able to sort through the player list data based on a pulldown option of "pre-draft rankings". That way you can look at your rankings based on position at a point other than in a mock draft or real draft. Would help you set your tiers internally

573rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Draft Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Adding add/drop feature PRE-DRAFT

Adding add/drop feature PRE-DRAFT this allows dynasty GMs to add in offseason trades, then GMs can pick keepers with their proper players and we can then online draft, this would make dynasty leagues so much easier and better to use!

192nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Draft Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Weekly Round Robin / All Play

Will Yahoo have a scheduling option for weekly round robin where each team play each other?

For example, in a 10-team league, each team will have nine individual head-to-head matchups and compile a weekly record (ex: 7-2, 4-5, etc...).

Our league always has a problem where high scoring teams take a h2h loss with an unlucky matchup...and conversely...low scoring teams end up with a win due to a good matchup. For instance, a team could score 110 points (2nd highest weekly score) and lose against a team scoring 115, while a team that scores 65 points (2nd lowest weekly) beats…

162nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. You should be able to edit bench slots after draft

My league drafts early to 30 man rosters. We should be able to edit roster sizes after the draft to accommodate roster cut downs like the NFL

15th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  64 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Release draft order once league is finalized

Draft order should be randomly assigned when the league members are finalized, not 30 minutes before it begins. This would allow people to do mock drafts in their assigned draft position and prepare properly ahead of time.

86th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Draft Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Random Draft order not random

I'm about ready to quit Yahoo and go elsewhere. Last year, four drafts, ALL picks at 3 or 4. This year, four drafts, ALL picks between 6-10. Seriously? It takes the fun out of it when you're either picking the same teams, or reaching for players you don't believe in. I have to believe another service would have a better random generator. This is ridiculous. I'm paying money for this. Fix this now, or I'm done with Yahoo.

573rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Draft Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base